Friday, September 9, 2016

Who, What & Why I'm Blogging


Welcome to Snaps, Macs, and Actual Books!


Hello, readers and welcome to my blog dedicated to marketing college libraries, inspiring reading, books, and libraries, and connecting photography and design in college libraries and their public relation committees.

Hello, it's me...

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Melissa Curtis. I am a junior at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Currently, I am majoring in Interactive Digital Studies, with an emphasis on Digital Advertising and Digital Imaging, and Art minor with an emphasis on photography. Outside of my studies, I work at Rod Library as a Building Monitor and a Public Relations Student Assistant. 
In my free time, I can be seen with a nose in a book. I also enjoy all kinds of photography and using different types of cameras. If I am not taking pictures or reading, I am most likely writing or designing. 

I know about... 

A list of my skills and experience:
  • Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat 
  • Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) 
  • Social Media 
  • Writing (professional and creative) 
  • Photography 
  • Interpersonal communication 
  • Leadership 
  • Public speaking 
Or long story short: I am dedicated designer, writer, and photographer interested in doing public relations and communications for a college library because I want to advocate, promote, and inspire reading and books.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Medical degree, as well as business associated degrees, would need your decision ASAP. Click types of college majors to find more information!

    ReplyDelete